This Privacy Statement describes our practices regarding the collection, use, sharing, and protection of your personal information in connection the services, products, features, and offerings we provide to you (the “Services“), including without limitation our print magazine subscriptions, and our digital Services
Please note that our privacy practices are subject to the applicable laws of the regions in which we operate. Accordingly, some additional region-specific terms will only apply to individuals in those locations, or as required by applicable laws.
BY USING OR ACCESSING THE PROPERTIES, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES OR PRACTICES, YOU SHOULD NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PROPERTIES OR PROVIDE US WITH ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We use the term “personal information” – also called “personal data” or “personally identifiable information” in the laws of some jurisdictions – to refer to information that reasonably identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. The following are categories and types of personal information that we may collect from or about you, depending on how you interact with the Properties:
- Identifiers, such as your name and email address;
- Contact information, such as your mailing address and telephone number;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card information;
- Transaction information, such as your subscriptions and purchases with us;
- Profile information, such as photos, videos, or other information about you and your interests posted or included in connection with a user profile;
- Job and employment information, such as the name of your company, industry, and job title;
- Education information, such as school attended and degree obtained;
- Preferences, such as marketing preferences and choice of subscription;
- Device and online identifiers and related information, including internet protocol (IP) address, mobile ad identifiers, data collected from cookies, beacons, and pixel tags, and similar unique identifiers;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, email, mobile app, or advertisement;
- Geolocation or other information that permits us to determine your location;
- Demographic information, such as your age or the gender you identify as;
- Inferences we may create about you;
- Any other personal information that you or somebody on your behalf voluntarily provide us.
If you interact with us on social media or use features such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks in connection with our Properties, or if you choose to sign up for a paid subscription via your social media profile, we may collect information that you share with us on social media or that such platforms share with us. Please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use for more information about their privacy practices. For additional information, see the section titled Third-Party Sources below.
Where you sign-up for paid subscriptions as a gift option (e.g., on behalf of a friend or colleague, the gift recipient), you may provide us with personal information on behalf of the gift recipient.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly. This may include, but is not limited to, information you provide:
- When you contact us via phone, email or text message, or through other Internet-enabled communications;
- When you subscribe to one of our print or digital Services;
- When you register to become a member of the Site or create a user profile;
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Properties, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our advertisements, we or third parties we work with may automatically collect certain information using technologies such as cookies and other tracking technologies described below.
Cookies and Similar Technology
Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights
We may disclose personal information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may share your personal information and other information with third parties in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of the Company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by the Company about our Properties users is among the assets transferred. In this case, we may notify you if applicable law requires.